As the holiday season approaches, Moisson Mauricie / Center-du-Québec calls on the population to show solidarity and generosity. People are invited to donate online (www.moisson-mcdq.org/faites-un-don) or in food at participating grocery stores.
From December 3 to 9, people can also support Moisson and the provincial association Les Banquesimentaire du Québec by making a donation at the cash desk in a SAQ branch or by purchasing packaging products.
“The needs are great and the current context brings insecurity and fragility for many people. Harvest is there for those who need it. All donations count, each $ 10 donated allows us to distribute $ 224 worth of food, ”said Jean Pellerin, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Moisson Mauricie / Center-du-Québec.
Each month, the organization supports more than 25,500 people, including 8,000 children.
Food donation suggestions
- Pasta, rice
- Cereals, oatmeal, peanut butter
- Preserves: soup, sauce, meat, fish, fruits and vegetables
- Baby food
- Hygiene products
- Baby products
To donate food
- IGA (extra from Cap, Ste-Marguerite, extra Paquette, Jean-XXIII) : purchase of a gift bag in exchange for which Moisson will receive six food products from here
- Maxi (Cap and Trois-Rivières West) : donation of food at the exit of grocery stores, purchase of bags of food, cash donation at the cash desks for the Guignolée
- Provigo the Market : donation of food at the exit of grocery stores, purchase of bags of food, cash donation at the cash desks for the Guignolée
- Warehouse club : donation of food at the exit of grocery stores, purchase of bags of food, cash donation at the cash desks for the Guignolée
- Metro (plus Fournier, Masson, des Forges, plus Jean-XXIII) : purchase of bags of food, donations of food and cash at the exit (depending on the grocery store)
- Super C (Cap, Trois-Rivières, Trois-Rivières West) : donation of food out of grocery stores